Join Our Team
About Next Big Thing with Courtney & Dara:
#NBTtheShow is the talk-webseries hosted by Bay Area techies Courtney Thomas & Dara Wilson. Next Big Thing brings the stories of dope, millennial-aged creators and entrepreneurs of color to the forefront. We’re heading into our 3rd season after experiencing exponential growth on the social media front. We’re excited to be adding the following roles to the team.
Our ideal teammates will be:
- Able to take direction and run with it to creative innovative solutions to NBT’s expanding brand
- Sees projects through to completions
- Reliable and communicative
- Attentive to details, especially in communications
First and second seasons available for viewing on YouTube.
Two heads are better than one, but three heads are better than two! That’s right: we’re looking for third strategist and creative director to join our producing team. Consider yourself the Larry David to our Seinfeld and George Costanza. This role would join us on set to be our third eye. On-camera cameos are likely to occur.
- This role will be primarily behind the scenes helping develop executive strategies to increase NBT brand awareness and revenue production.
- Fields inbound advertising and partnership requests.
- Creates leads for profitable advertising and partnership opportunities.
- Showrunner skills including camera operating and scheduling/production coordination.
- Holds progressive values, strong opinions on entertainment, current events, and culture/society
- Time commitment: 10-12 hours/week
- Technical skills a plus
Media Relations Coordinator/Manager
- Prepares NBT media kit and press release outreach to pertinent digital publications
- Designs effective, innovative email and social media campaigns to increase brand awareness of NBT
- Designs coordinated PR campaigns consisting of media outreach & collaborations, partnership opportunities, etc.
- Able to distinguish difference between prospects for media kit send for interview or press release for brand awareness
This is a short-term paid contract position.
Social Media Communications Manager
Next Big Thing’s Social Media Manager will be the voice of the company; coordinating management and upkeep all of increased traffic on our current platforms: Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, & Facebook. We’ve seen incredible growth in recent months, and we need a social media brand representative that will drive management for our accounts, and keep up engagement with our audience. This will be an opportunity for the right person to develop a professional portfolio working with an innovative team of creative techies. We use the latest tools to ensure we grow our brand quickly and with quality. The right Social Media Manager will to grow with the Next Big Thing and develop his/her role with the show.
Drive consistent engagement across our multiple platforms:
- Create social media campaign schedule to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns
- Administrate creation and publish of relevant, high-quality content daily across multiple social media platforms as planned in social media schedule
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, YouTube,etc.).
- Identify and improve organizational development aspects that would improve content and brand awareness (ie: recognition and rewards for participation in the company’s marketing and online review building).
- Monitor social media activity to listen, respond, ask questions and engage NBT’s audience with careful consideration to responses
- Identify and maintain communications with VIP contacts via social media (i.e. former show guests, Indiegogo investors, and potential leads)
- Track growth statistics for social media campaigns, individual posts, and email campaigns
- Create and send email campaigns with creative direction from producers
- Employ successful social media marketing that drives quality traffic, leads & eventually sales that boosts Next Big Thing’s online reputation.
- Research and identify latest tools to further identified goals
- Drive Content and Conversion strategies that are proven by testing and metrics.
- Understands and creates successful social media strategies to engagement per post and overall
- Highly organized, diligent,Self-starter
- Excellent follow-up and thorough communication skills
- On the nose of the latest trends (live and online) with a special focus on millennial-aged artists and entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds
- Innovative and new approaches to social media preferred
- Ability to make decisions and own your crucial part in NBT
- Unmatched attention to detail
- Passion for curation in line with NBT’s aesthetic to appeal to growing, target audience
- Aware of key events that drive online engagement with Next Big Thing
- Community leadership and participation (both online and offline) a plus!
- Loves learning new things
- High level knowledge of social media platforms Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
- Knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Excel
- Social Media Tools
- Ability to create and direct high-volume social media traffic
Budget allocated for additional training and/or attendance at applicable industry-specific conferences and classes.